/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Gudumba "Pathetic" Shankar

I watched Gudumba Shankar yesterday. Many people warned me not to watch it. But, I cared less about that. I wanted to see it because I liked earlier Pawan Kalyan's movies. But, it was just during the first song that I regretted my decision.
How worse can this movie be made? Almost everything went wrong. One thing Pawan Kalyan made clear from this movie is that he never acts, he just "overacts". Almost all the first half looked cheap. Why don't he just concentrate on his acting and not put his hand in other technical stuff? It might have went well in Kushi. That doesn't mean it will work all the time. Honestly, I felt I can watch Johnny again after watching this piece of shit. In my opinion, Johnny was atleast better than this crap.
He should take a lesson or two from Chiranjeevi. He knows his fans pulse. But not this guy. If not for Chiranjeeevi, Pawan Kalyan would have ended up in the league of Srikanth and Jagapathi Babu. It's just that Chiru's fans are blindly following Pawan. I'm a great fan of Chiru, if not a blind fan. That doesn't mean I should like whatever monkey acting Pawan does on screen. I felt Rajanikanth's dancing skills in "Thillana Thillana" (Muthu) were lots and lots better than Pawan's in "Le Le Le".
We have seen lots of movies from Shah Rukh Khan in Bollywood similar to those of Gudumba Shankar, thought they were class movies (class as oppossed to mass). This movie could have been made lots better had he concentrated on comdey and not overacting. I'm willing to bet his next movie is not going to be any better.
Even the songs..... Manisharma worked really hard and came up with excellent songs. Not even a single song is worth "seeing". I don't recommend this movie to anybody.