/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Australia in India - History

A history of Australia in India over the years (Cricinfo)

I'd say the most unfortunate miss for India was in 1986-87. If only Maninder could stick around for just one run for a great win. Anyway, that was a great 3 test series. But the real promise was shown by Pataudi and co in 1969-70 series. A great win would have complemented their efforts and that to scare Australians was no less feat.
How can one forget the 2000-01 series when India totally controlled the last 2 matches both with bat and ball. May not the the 2nd match in full. But, taking control the last 2 days and win the test after being followed-on was a spectacular effort. I wouldn't give the full credit to Laxman for the turning point of the match. Rahul Dravid complemented him every moment during their partnership. I wouldn't lose hope as long as Dravid is in the middle. But, let's not forget Bajji for his great bowling efforts to steal the match and eventually the series from Aussies. He is one of the best spinners we have.
Let's hope Indians will surpass their own efforts four years ago this time. I wish the team good luck.