/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Gmail adds new features

Gmail is getting better and better. They added 4 new features today. The one that is obvious once you logon is managing contacts. Now, I can search for the contact and add notes and phone numbers in the contact list. I've used this and found quite impressive.
Like other web-based email services, you can save the composed mails as drafts and send them later. This was missing earlier in Gmail. The 3rd one is Gmail notifier. I'm not quite sure why they listed as new feature. This was there for quite some time. Well, I don't use this anyway, I use Gmail notifier extension within my Firefox browser and it's quite good. I don't need two notifiers.
The last one is big. NowI can forward all the incoming mails to any email address. I can create filters to select only few mails to be forwarded. I can forward to any number of email addresses. This is great. But, according to google, this feature is in "test" phase and it's free during testing. So, they might charge for this feature later. But, this means is Google going to charge for some features like Yahoo and Hotmail? Anyway, I don't think I'll use this feature even during the test phase. 1GB is big enough for me to store my mails in inbox.