/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Google goes SMS

Get the 411 with 46645

Here we go.... Now, google does something that no other search engine started after a long time. Just as we thought Google is lying back while all other search engines are doing all the makeups, Google announced two new features - Google Print and 411.
Now you can get Business listings, Residential listings, Product prices, and even Definitions of words through SMS. Though we get all these things through WAP, not everybody have that service and SMS is faster than WAP.
Just when I was thinking of dropping my Text Message plan, Google gives me a reason not to drop it. Well, I can't imagine how I can spend time on web with out Google, now I think I will get used to "Mobile Google" too.
Google has put all the instructions on how to use it on it's help page. You can even get help on your phone just by sending "help" to 46645 (GOOGL). They even have put a Tips Sheet in PDF format on their help page, so you can just print it out and put in your wallet.