/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Only tabloid for Times


The Times, which is Great Britain's most influential daily newspaper has surprised everybody by deciding to go only in tabloid format from monday for all editions. According to the Times editor Robert Thomson, "The launch of the compact has transformed the fortunes of the newspaper". Times has introduced tabloid version in parts. They decided to go for only tabloid version after the successful run. According to BBC, sales of the paper have gone up by 4.5% since publishing a broadsheet and tabloid version. I really want to see a tabloid edition here in US. I know not many people are for paper news any longer whey we are getting all the latest news on internet as it happens. I only use newspapers for garage sales.