/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Excellent Review of Tungsten T5 at BargainPDA

PalmOne Tungsten T5 Review (BargainPDA)

BargainPDA has posted a comprehensive review of PlamOne's new Tungsten T5 Review. I'm pretty pleased by the reviewer and his observations. Personally I feel that the biggest drawback in this model is Wi-Fi. PalmOne should have integrated Wi-Fi with Tungsten. As AdamaDBrown mentioned, "All PocketPCs at the T5's price, and in fact many below it, feature WiFi wireless networking, as well as other desirable features like removable batteries". The only positive thing I see in T5 is it's memory. The user accessible memory is whopping 255 MB. And damn! it's too expensive for what it offers. Dell's Axim is definitely a good deal. For the same price, you get integrated Wi-Fi and dual memory slot. I definitely agree with AdamaDBrown in his conclusion, "they are competing with HP and Dell. Or, perhaps more accurately, HP and Dell are competing with each other, and PalmOne is taking the crossfire. At this rate, PalmOne is either going to be forced out of the high-end market altogether and end up making Zires and cell phones, or they have to fire back with something big. And I don't think the T5 is it".