/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

No Google Desktop Search for Mac

Google desktop for OSX misreported by Reuters and others? (Boing Boing)

Looks like many news agencies mis-quoted Google CEO Eric Schmidt regarding GDS for Mac. Tim O'Reilly, the questioner also claims that the response was not the way Reuters and others reported widely. This is what he reported on his website: "This is Tim O'Reilly. I'm the one who asked Eric the question at his talk about whether we'd expect a Mac version of Google desktop, and I have to say I didn't read his response at all the way the Reuters reporter did! He was fairly equivocal, saying that it was a hard problem, requiring a whole separate project, not just a port, because of the differences in the operating systems. He made no announcement of actual plans to deliver the product, or even that Google was actively working on it". Boing Boing reports that Schmidt ended his reply by pointing out that as a matter of policy, Google does not "pre-announce" products. That's right. I don't recall Google pre-announcing any of their products anytime. They didn't even pre-announce their intentions of any acquisitions too.

Source: InsideGoogle