/*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/ /*************BLOGROLLING STYLE******************/

Raghu's NetLog

This is my personal weblog. There is no particular topic that I'm going to stick with. You can find articles about music, movies, technology, cricket, may be even little bit about politics. Please post your comments - good or bad. This will only encourage me in either way and improve my weblog.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Will Treo 650 replace Treo 600?

Does the palmOne Treo 650 Replace Treo 600? Not Exactly (BargainPDA)


abaxter has a nice article at BargainPDA about Treo 650 on why it is just not a replacement for Treo 600. I'll have to agree with PalmOne guys in that they addressed lots of issues that their users have. Treo 600 was becoming inferior to other handhelds from Blackberry, Sonyericsson P910 and to some extent T-Mobile's Sidekick. Even Windows mobiles have become big competition to Treos. They were having lots and lots of features compared to Treo 600. Now, Treo 650 is a good answer from PalmOne guys. The only thing it doesn't have is Wi-fi. I don't think that is a big business problem, though I personally feel they should have released both Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi versions to cover more users. Bluetooth was the biggest lacking feature in Treo 600. And there were some rumors that Sprint will remove this feature in Treo 650. But, that's not the case. Even better, Sprint is the first carrier to release Treo 650. Well, I don't like Sprint, so I don't care. Actually, I'm not going to buy Treo 650. But, I have some soft corner for Palm OS, mainly because I have Windows.